Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gratitude

This may seem an odd "post" to you, but I feel compelled to share it.

How many times in the past minute have you (involuntarily and unconsciously) blinked your eyes?  How many times have you passed someone you know (or don't know) today and exchanged a smile?  Hard to count, isn't it?

What I've experienced this past 3-1/2 weeks has literally opened my eyes to how thankful I am to have been able to do that my entire life.  In the post prior to this one, I wrote about this out-of-nowhere, rare condition called Ramsay-Hunt Syndrome I've been dealing with.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but it has been a gift to me in many ways.

The paralysis of half of my face (that looked like it would be permanent) taught me how much I depend on being able to communicate with people - those I know, and even those I don't know.  I've gone from hiding in my house not wanting to lock eyes with anyone - to really yearning to have human contact with anyone who would take the time to try.

It's easy to find yourself in despair when dealing with things out of your control.  I love this message of hope:




Things have begun to turn around - and every time I see a little bit of movement, I get an adrenaline rush & say another prayer of thanks.  I know I couldn't have done this on my own - there is real power in prayer - and not just my own.  I'm so grateful to my family, my ward & stake, and good friends out there I don't even know who have exercised their faith for me.  It is working.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment